We support our clients across a range of eight specialist services. We have incredible ecommerce experience, a deep understanding of offline and online marketing, and have grown industry leading brands beyond the reach of their competition. Our eight services were developed to cover every aspect of a company’s growth from the first website to international web platforms, from opening retail shops to boosting their global customer base over 1000%.
Our Manchester and Melbourne teams are a collection of thought leaders, each hired for their business minds as well as a skillset. We value individuals – ambitious and supportive – who take joy in helping others succeed. We believe in being scientific and artistic, developing and testing theories, and breaking new ground. We believe in planning and strategy, reporting and results, contingency and character.
Our story is organic and fuelled by a passion to simply do better. To never sit still and always be inspired. To appreciate the wonderful opportunities we have to learn, grow and enjoy.
Want to join our team?
At Project Octo, we are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join the team. Read more about our current vacancies below and get in touch if you think you would fit the bill (please, no agencies).
Front End Web Developer
- Building and testing eCommerce websites using the Shopit platform
- Building sites & blogs with WordPress
- Working with our marketing team to build and test email newsletters and other creative
- Messing about with cool new technologies and hardware
- Meeting clients to discuss project specifications
- You’re a self-confessed geek
- You love to learn
- You love to code
- You like to try things differently, just to see if it works better that way
- Your friends and family rely on you for tech support
- You can Google your way out of any problem life throws at you!
- Happy to complete frontend and backend development
- PHP Frameworks such as Codeigniter, CakePHP, etc
- An understanding of Object Orientated Programming
- Be able to learn, and to teach yourself new stuff
- Passionate about technology
- Eye for detail
- Must love working on Apple Macs
- Agency or in house experience, including commercial freelance work
- Knowledge of Web Applications such as Magento and WordPress
- Understanding of server-side technology
- Experience using Version Control (SVN, Git)
- Experience with Sass/Less
- Confident enough to take a project from start to finish
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- A competitive salary (£25-30k depending on experience) that grows with ability
- Usual holiday benefits
- Flexible working
- Apple Macbook Pro and various software subscriptions to support your role and development
We’re looking for a Front End Web Developer to join our team. Things are growing really quickly here at Project Octo so we have plenty of work stacked up for you to get your teeth into!
You’ll typically be:
This job is for you if:
You are going to be a key contributor within a close knit business where your ideas and initiatives will be valued. You’re going to be a bit of a hero actually.
Send your CV and the 10 reasons why we should hire you to email@example.com
Digital Marketing Account Manager
- Working with 3-5 clients doing everything you can to boost their traffic and help them sell more.
- Relationships with clients are fundamental so you need to be a people person who can explain, educate and lead.
- Clear understanding of Technical SEO requirements and the ability to communicate these to your web development team
- Clear understanding of keyword/user driven Content Marketing with the clear aim of improving search rankings and engaging users
- Clear understanding of reputation building – building human partnerships & relationships with key linking opportunities
- Experience using Google Webmaster Tools/Search Console; and other apps/software to support your activity
- Knowledge of Google Adwords, social and email marketing (Mailchimp)
- Appreciation of conversation rate optimisation
- Content management of sites, copywriting, blogging and more
- Ability to write client reports – Keyword Analysis, Site Analysis, Competitor Analysis and more (you will be guided on these)
We’re looking for a digital marketer to join our team. Things are growing really quickly here at Project Octo so we have plenty of work stacked up for you to get your teeth into!
There are plenty of things we get excited about.
Launching a new ecommerce site, hitting new traffic levels, and solving business problems.
And we don’t believe in ticking over. We are here to serve and to lead.
Come and join the journey. You must know your SEO, you must swoon over data, and you must be able to work in the back pockets of clients. You can get knee deep into a site’s code, and explain it to a confused client. You love being right, because you want to see a client get to the next level. You have ideas to sell products in a sexy email, you know how Google ticks, and you love getting excited.
Every employee at Project Octo only plays with 3-5 clients so helping them grow is vital. And that helps you grow. And that’s what we are about.
Credit where credits due
You’ve worked hard in-house, freelance or at an agency for the last 2+ years and now you want to grow. We only employ talent and bottle, so ask us about our competitive salary. We estimate it will be between £20,000 and £30,000 depending on how good you are.
City centre offices, fresh coffee and every day feeling like a sunrise.
Our culture is about giving you freedom and responsibility, supporting you and rewarding success. We are after brains, energy and ideas – not suits, clockwatchers and bravado. We are about action, not words. You will be someone who is looking to be a key contributor within a close knit business where your ideas and initiatives will be valued.
Send us your CV and the 10 reasons why we should hire you to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £20,000-£30,000.00 /year dep on experience
Job Location: Manchester City Centre